Popular posts from this blog
A Third Day
Just because you will not,does not mean you cannot. Refuse to be swayed by every wind that makes you question God and His purpose for your life. Just because you are not married does not mean you won't, Just because you haven't given birth does not mean you won't, Just because your desires haven't manifested does not mean they won't, Make a decision not to answer mockers and critics who taunted to make you question God's intent. Remain silent not because you are weak or incapable but because there is a third day; A third day that revert the laws of nature, A third day that circumvent challenges, A third day that breaks into pieces the doors of bronze and cut into asunder the bars of iron, A third day that frustrate the tokens of liars and make diviners mad, A third day that turn wise men backward and make their knowledge foolish. There is a season of silent but a day is coming when you shall arise and shine. A Third Day
Female Genital Mutilation
I was born in an era where Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) was prevalent and some young women from Upper West and East region of Ghana found it a privilege to participate in these rituals. Growing up I read about the adverse effect of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) at my elementary stage and what government and NGOs were doing to eradicate such practices. The knowledge I acquired then about FGM practices was just for examination purpose; this knowledge was not impactful psychologically and emotionally on me until I started asking questions about what really is FGM. After getting feedback from the series of questions I posed and researching intensively into the matter I finally realized that FGM is a whole lot more than I know and it has lasting physical and mental consequences on victims and therefore needs to be discussed so that girls and women no longer have to suffer in silence Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) as defined by Wikipedia is the removal o...
Comments
Post a Comment